Snack Bars SERVICE PROJECT
The purpose of this activity is to demonstrate to campers that through their small gesture, such as making treats for distribution on the MLF Truck, they can make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate. They learn about serving others with love and understanding.
Set-Up: Assemble all supplies & ingredients
Recipe & Notes:
- Recipe yields 12 individual treats.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth
- Add the puffed rice cereal and mix until the cereal is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture
- Spoon into a 13"x9" shallow pan
- Press down on the mixture so that it fills the pan uniformly
- Allow to cool
- Using knife, cut into 12 individual-sized treats
- Using serving spatula, remove treats from pan and bag individually in sandwich bags
- Store in provided container for distribution on MLF truck run
- Wipe down all counter surfaces with disinfectant spray / wipes
- Wash all bowls, pans and utensils in warm, soapy water & dry
- Discard plastic gloves and packaging
- Store supplies in activity storage container
- Monitor inventory of supplies and ingredients, and submit purchase request for replacement items, as needed.
Activity Cost: Total Supply & Ingredient Cost/Recipe $6.02